India’s biggest asset is it’s young population. Between 2013 and 2030, India will add 241 Million people in working age population, and that means the children who are currently in our education system. India is at a critical juncture with 30% of it’s population getting ready to make a transition into adulthood. The youth of this country will determine the direction the economy takes and turn India’s fortunes. This specific aspect of India is going to prove pivotal in making India a world leader in the coming years. We wish to actively engage the youth in interactive learning, listening and appreciating our cultural heritage. We have a vision to reach out to the top urban areas across India.
About Sunny Sharma
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Sunny Sharma contributed a whooping 4 entries.
Entries by Sunny Sharma
We the people, in today’s “global village”, have much to gain in understanding ancient wisdom for nation building.
During the Zhou Dynasty in China (12th to 7th Century BC) Music and Dance was an obligatory course in school – a combination of ritual, entertainment, performance, gymnastics and military drill. The goal was, on one hand, to train military skill, on the other, to teach moral rules and discipline.
It has been said that we live in a “global village”. True. Modern society has made advances by leaps and bounds that has brought us – global citizens – much closer than ever before. National boundaries, while they exist, can be transcended with much more ease today. Access to air travel, television, mobile phones, internet, etc has enabled us to do so with greater speed and regularity. While we explore the world around us, in order to understand and appreciate the culture of any nation, it is important to appreciate its arts, music, and food among other things.
Culture (derived from the “Latin cultura” stemming from “colere”, meaning “to cultivate”) is a term that has many different meanings. For example, in 1952, Alfred Kroeber and Clyde Kluckhohn compiled a list of 164 definitions of “culture” in Culture: A Critical Review of Concepts and Definitions. However, the word “culture” is most commonly used in three basic senses:
- Excellence of taste in the fine arts and humanities, also known as high culture
- An integrated pattern of human knowledge, belief, and behavior that depends upon the capacity for symbolic thought and social learning
- The set of shared attitudes, values, goals, and practices that characterizes an institution, organization or group
Please be in touch with us by completing this quick contact form.
- About Us
- What We Offer
- Music Course & Programs
- Certificates, Exams, Accreditations & Affiliations
- Piano Lessons
- Electronic Keyboard Lessons
- Guitar Lessons
- Violin Lessons
- Drum Lessons
- Singing (Vocal / Solo)
- Choir Singing (Choral / Group)
- Musical Theatre
- Elocution & Public Speaking
- Speech & Drama
- Band Performance
- Ensemble Performance
- Services & Fees
- CSR / Charity
- Music, Art & Cultural Education to Empower the Youth & build the Nation’s Cultural Ethos of Unity in persity5th December 2011 - 10:23 pm
- “ANCIENT WISDOM FOR TODAY”11th September 2011 - 10:19 pm
- “TAGORE CONTINUES TO IMPACT THE WORLD”14th August 2011 - 10:16 pm
- “AN ATTEMPT IN UNDERSTANDING CULTURE”1st August 2011 - 10:11 pm