- Your privacy on the Internet is of utmost importance to Lorraine Music Academy. This privacy statement describes LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY’s policy concerning the gathering and sharing of visitors’ information through the LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY web site. You should note that through this site you may reach or be directed to other sites that relate to LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY, or the sites of our associates, sponsors, CSR partners (the various organizations that support LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY); all these sites have their own privacy statements which are similar to this one but may vary slightly. By visiting the LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY website you are accepting the practices described in this policy.
- Your personal information may comprise of the following:
- your name
- your age
- your occupation
- a user ID and password of your choice
- your email and mailing address
- your mobile number
- your payment processing details
- limited personal details
- any other data as LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY may require
- Normal website usage
In general, you can browse the LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. The only information we gather during general browsing is from standard server logs. These include your IP (Internet Protocol) address, domain name, browser type, operating system, and information such as the web site that referred you to us, the files you downloaded, the pages you visit, and the dates/times of those visits.
- Collection of personally identifiable information
If you register for a newsletter, log on to certain LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY sites, order a book or other merchandise, request information, provide feedback, apply for a job, join a discussion group or join an electronic mailing list, you will be asked to provide personal information such as your name, postal address and e-mail address. This information is collected only with your knowledge and permission, and is kept in various LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY databases. If you are donating on the web, you may be asked to provide your credit card details.
For certain LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY sites, registering or supplying personal information sets a cookie. By setting this cookie, LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY will remember your details the next time you visit, so you don’t have to re-enter the information. This helps us to provide you with a better service.
Joining electronic discussion groups may mean that other participants of the discussion group (including non-LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY employees) will see personal information that you have volunteered. For open discussion groups, this information will be public.
- Special note about information from children
Several sites in the LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY domain are focused on children, including interactive sites such as group discussions. Some of these require user-specific information to be provided to LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY. We ask for the minimum amount of personal information in this case. These parts of the LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY site are for children and authorized adults only and unauthorized adults are not to participate in these parts of the LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY site. (Obtaining user information helps us in that regard if needed.)
Children should make sure their parents, or the adults who are caring for them, know they are participating in the LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY sites and are providing this limited user information.
- What does LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY do with information it collects?
Normal web usage
The information gathered during general browsing of the “LorraineMusicAcademy.com” domain is used to analyse trends and usage of the LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY site and to improve the usefulness of the site. It is not connected with any personal information. However, if you have registered with LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY in connection with any activity on the LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY site, the information we collect about your normal web usage will be identifiable to you.
Personally identifiable information
LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY may use the personal information you provide to:
- Contact you – either in response to a query or suggestion, or to mail newsletters, documents, publications, etc. to you, and we also may provide the information to the LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY national committees so they can contact you as well;
- Manage and process your job application;
- Confirm your purchases and registrations on the site;
- Obtain payment for purchases through the site (via credit card);
- “Remember” your online profile and preferences;
- Help you quickly find information that is relevant to you based on your interests, and help us create site contents most relevant to you;
- Undertake statistical analysis.
What if I don’t want to provide personal information?
Providing personal information on the LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY web site is optional. If you choose not to provide personal information, you can still browse and use the LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY site, but you will not be able to carry out certain actions such as purchasing items, registering for a newsletter, or applying for a job.
Opting out and changing your information
At any time, you can cancel or modify your information by returning to the web page where you first provided the information and contacting the focal point for that page/relevant LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY department. Where contact details are not provided on the page, you can contact us for further information.
However, LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY assumes no responsibility for the security of information.
The LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY site contains link to sites external to the LorraineMusicAcademy.com domain. LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites.
Notification of changes
Types of Cookies
A Cookie is a small amount of data that is sent from the web server to your browser. It is normally used to assign a unique identification to your computer and securely store information such as user IDs, passwords, preferences, and online profiles. It is stored on the hard drive of your computer.
Cookies can be set to expire: on a specified date after a specific period of time when a transaction has been completed or when a user turns off his/her browser.
A cookie that is erased from memory when a visitor’s browser closes is called a “session” cookie. Cookies that expire based on a time set by the Web server are called “persistent” cookies.
Persistent cookies may be used in some cases, for example, to recognize when a visitor returns to a website. The web browser will send the cookie information from the initial visit back to the website. This is useful to the visitor if he or she has established a password at a particular website and wants to be identified by that site to perform a function or transaction.
To browse anonymously, you may set your browser to disable cookies or delete cookies. Please note that disabling cookies for some services will impact ability to use that service.
Refusing Cookies on LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY’s Website
Note: Some features and services provided by LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY require you to accept a cookie in order to be able to use the particular functionality or service. These cookies are used to establish a link between the user and the application server. The cookies contain unique session IDs, and no customer data is stored on the cookies.
- Usage of Information
Personal information will be used by LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY for internal purposes including the following:
- Sending you inter alia emails, features, promotional material, surveys, brochures, catalogues, LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY Annual Report, LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY-in-Action, and reminders for donations, regular updates on the utilization of donations by LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY and other updates.
- Processing your donations to LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY on the Site.
- Delivering the Receipt for donations made by you to LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY.
- Maintaining an internal confidential database of all the Personal Information collected from visitors to the Site.
- Evaluating and administering the Site and LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY’s activities, responding to any problems that may arise and gauging visitor trends on the Site.
- Disclosure of Personal Information by LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY
- Within LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY, access to Personal Information collected by LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY will be given only to those persons who are authorised by LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY and third parties hired by LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY to perform administrative services. LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY will provide access to third parties for inter alia entering and managing Personal Information in LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY’s Database, processing your orders or donations preparing address labels, sending emails, which require such third parties to have access to your Personal Information. LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY cannot guarantee that such parties will keep your Personal Information confidential and LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY will not be liable in any manner for any loss of confidentiality attributable to such third parties.
- LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY may share Personal Information with any of persons who are associated with LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY, including companies and non-governmental organisations affiliated with LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY in any manner. LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY will retain ownership rights over such information and will share only such portions of the Personal Information as it deems fit.
- LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY is not liable in any manner whatsoever for the loss, damage (whether direct, indirect, consequential or incidental) or harm caused to you by the misuse of your Personal Information by a third party who is not an employee of LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY.
- Notwithstanding anything contained herein or any other contract between you and LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY, LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY reserves the right to disclose any Personal Information about you without notice or consent as needed to satisfy any requirement of law, regulation, legal request or legal investigation, to conduct investigations of breaches of law, to protect the Site, to protect LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY and it’s property, to fufill your requests, to protect our visitors and other persons and if required by the policy of LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY.
- LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY endevours to use up-to-date security measures to protect your Personal Information. The site is a VERISIGN approved site.
- LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY however does not make any express or implied warranty with respect to the security measures that it may employ from time to time for the protection of the Personal Information.
- Links to other Websites
- Copyright Protection
All content on this Site including graphics, text, icons, interfaces, audio clips, logos, images and software is the property of LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY and/or its content suppliers and is protected by Indian and international copyright laws. The arrangement and compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement, and assembly) of all content on this Site is the exclusive property of LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY and protected by Indian and international copyright laws. Permission is given to use the resources of this Site only for the purposes of making enquiries, making a donation or placing an order for the purchase of LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY products. Any other use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display or performance, of the content on this Site can only be made with the express permission of LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY. All other trademarks, brands and copyrights other than those belonging to LORRAINE MUSIC ACADEMY belong to their respective owners and are their property.